Knox Community College, a premier multi-disciplinary
tertiary educational institution with four campuses in central Jamaica is
seeking a visionary leader to fill the position of Principal.
• Be responsible for providing effective, inclusive leadership, management and
direction for the planning and execution of all aspects of the College's
operations in conformity with the Board of Management policies and the Ministry
of Education's Act and Regulations.
• As a visionary, have the responsibility of liaising with relevant agencies to
form and maintain strategic alliances and partnerships and provide academic and
professional guidance and leadership in advancing the institution's goals.
• Have responsibility for four (4) campuses and will be required to interact
and collaborate with the Board of Management , Faculty, Staff, Students,
relevant agencies and the communities, to maintain a college environment that
maximizes student centered learning, academic performance, social growth, while
enhancing the institutions tradition of excellence.
• Have direct responsibility for decisions and exercise administrative
authority and leadership for all aspects of the College's programmes, including
accreditation, quality assurance, instructional delivery, student services
supervision, performance management for all levels of staff.
• Engage in relevant outreach and public relations activities as well as the
day to day governance of the institution.
Key Competencies: - candidates should possess:
• A rich combination of academic and professional
experience, energy, entrepreneurial and personal qualities to match the
College's vision and mission
• Strong knowledge of Academic programmes at the tertiary level and competence
in Curriculum Development
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management and problem solving skills
• A sound knowledge of financial management
• Strong analytical skills
• High standard of professional ethics, values and integrity
• Experience in human resource development and management
• Proven experience in leadership
• Knowledge of relevant labour laws, employment practices and procedures
• Masters Degree in Education or related field from a
• Teaching Certification
• A Professional Principal Certification would be a distinct advantage
• A minimum of five (5) years' experience and a proven track record in senior
leadership of education/training institution.
• Knowledge of Education Act, FAA Act and government procedures and policies
including procurement guidelines.
Application package should include the following
• Application Letter
• Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Character and Professional References
• Transcripts of earned Degrees will be required for interview
Compensation package commensurate with qualifications and
is aligned to Ministry of Education's classification.