Antigua Commercial Bank is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced
individual for the position of Assistant Manager-Recoveries to provide strong
support to the Manager-Retail Lending & Recoveries by actively working
and managing the Bank’s Non-Performing, Non-Accrual loans and advances
portfolio, and ensure that effectivemeasures are put in place which will
result in the Bank’s level of unsatisfactory accounts(delinquent accounts
plus non-performing accounts) to total loans and advances beingreduced
to and maintained within 5% of the total of the Bank’s loans and advances
portfolio in accordance with the ECCB guidelines and statutory requirements.
The duties to be performed include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Contributes positively to ensure that overall targets are met, with any
negative variances not exceeding 10%.
• Ensures that all required documentation and security relative to unsatisfactory accounts are invariably in place and any legal action
properly executed in order that ACB does not suffer any financial loss or negative exposure due to a lack of care in this area.
• Manages overall collection strategy effectively, ensuring that routine and credit operations inclusive of telephone calls, visits, collecting payments, refinancing loans, taking new collateral/legal action, compiling and providing statistical reports etc. are carried out in a
timely and efficient manner.
• Provides weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for Management/Board, which track the recoveries efforts/progress in reducing the level of Non-Performing Accounts.
• Prepares history of each account with requests for Notices to Pay for accounts approved for foreclosure and or collection though external solicitor.
• Monitors and liaises with internal and external parties – legal counsel, solicitors, valuators, bailiffs, auctioneers etc. – as deemed necessary to streamline and coordinate the recovery process.