Small manufacturing company in New Kingston invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the position of Accountant
1. Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
2. Good knowledge of various taxes administered by TAJ; including filing of Statutory deductions, GCT returns and other tax related issues.
3. Familiarization with Peachtree/Sage 50 and ensuring that all invoices are correctly posted
4. Ensuring that a payable listing is prepared and submitted to the Managing Director for approval on a weekly basis.
5. Reconciling main bank account with online statement on a daily basis and investigating / writing the relevant journal entries to ensure bank and other
such charges are entered.
6. Follow up with creditors where necessary to ensure that all outstanding payables are properly accounted for.
7. Ensuring the accurate filing of all documents within the department on a timely basis.
8. Familiarization with OASys payroll package and preparing weekly payroll, general entries and all other postings